[Tagging] healthcare=alternative + sport=yoga

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 22:42:54 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 31 Mar 2021, at 22:43, Robert Skedgell <rob at hubris.org.uk> wrote:
> The instructor might throw in a few minutes of meditation in Shavasana
> (corpse pose) at the end, but that's really not what people are paying
> for in these cases. If someone accidentally signed up for one of these
> classes expecting meditation or "mindfulness", they'd be disappointed.

ok, so now we have the proof that some activities sold under the name yoga are sports activities, still yoga is also a practice of hinduism and has a philosophical, spiritual background. sport=yoga may be fine for some yoga classes, but sport isn’t a container where all yoga fits well.

Cheers Martin