[Tagging] Lifeguards (and tagfiddling)

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 14:00:03 UTC 2021

On 08/04/2021 03:03, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 01:47, Robert Skedgell <rob at hubris.org.uk
> <mailto:rob at hubris.org.uk>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/04/2021 04:38, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
>     > Have now the pages up
>     >
>     > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dlifeguard
>     <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dlifeguard>
>     > <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dlifeguard
>     <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dlifeguard>>
>     >
>     > &
>     >
>     > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lifeguard
>     <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lifeguard>
>     > <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lifeguard
>     <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lifeguard>>
>     >

Just as a heads-up, someone has decided to tagfiddle with existing data
(see https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/567240070/history ).

I don't have a view on how these things should be tagged, but it is
important that people who are processing the data (like me) get told
about the change.

Needless to say I'll need to do some work so that the map style that I
look after renders these features again.  The net result of these
changes (the wiki discussion, the tagfiddling and the map style changes)
will be precisely nothing - we'll be back exactly where we were before
they started in terms of features that get rendered.

Grumpily,

Andy