[Tagging] Tagging full_service=* for amenity=fuel

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 23:06:09 UTC 2021

On Thu, 13 May 2021 at 02:26, Brian M. Sperlongano <zelonewolf at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is an interesting interpretation, and I wonder if this is different
> between different US states.  Where I grew up and live in New England, the
> distinction is:
>
> FULL SERVE = someone pumps your gas
> SELF SERVE = you pump your gas
>
> I have old timey memories as a kid in the 80s of the sort of full service
> that you've described (wash windows, etc.), but I haven't seen that happen
> at a full-serve gas station in a long, long time.  I agree that self-serve
> is the vastly more common option, although we do still have a small number
> of full serve gas stations that become very popular on days when the
> weather is bad!

& that's the definition I'd use (& agree that it's a *lllooonnnggg* time
since I saw anybody automatically do your windscreen, tyres & check under
the bonnet! :-()

However, being awkward as always :-), we have one servo just near us that
the 3 pumps at this end are self-service, but the 3 pumps at the other end
of the forecourt have a bloke there who will do the fuel for you, or you
can self-serve. But he's only there during normal business hours (8 - 5).

How would you tag that - full_service:limited?

Thanks

Graeme