[Tagging] Tagging full_service=* for amenity=fuel

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Wed May 12 16:21:56 UTC 2021

This is an interesting interpretation, and I wonder if this is different
between different US states.  Where I grew up and live in New England, the
distinction is:

FULL SERVE = someone pumps your gas
SELF SERVE = you pump your gas

I have old timey memories as a kid in the 80s of the sort of full service
that you've described (wash windows, etc.), but I haven't seen that happen
at a full-serve gas station in a long, long time.  I agree that self-serve
is the vastly more common option, although we do still have a small number
of full serve gas stations that become very popular on days when the
weather is bad!