[Tagging] [How to tag a] Depot for sand, earth, and other bulk materials

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Tue May 18 21:06:03 UTC 2021

Ok thanks for the input and ideas.
The areas in my region are part of the "grondbank", which is probably best
translated as 'soil exchange'. It's not comparable to a pile or pit of salt
next to a road, in case it's needed for the road.

I guess landuse=industrial best describes the exchange activities, even
though no industries or companies are involved, nothing is fabricated and
it's all non-commercial.  It's more like a logistics operation. The
terrains are dedicated, long-term, and fenced.

Industrial=warehouse, that's a step too far for me, and the type of storage
used or the exact contents of the piles is not my concern. Just tagging the
duck.

Out of all the industrial=* values, depot fits best, but it's tainted by a
previous proposal which said that depot is about vehicles and such. So I
have to come up with a new one. I think industrial=soil_exchange would tag
the duck.

Probably there is a better term than soil, one that also may include sand
and gravel.

Vr gr Peter Elderson