[Tagging] [How to tag a] Depot for sand, earth, and other bulk materials

Florimond Berthoux florimond.berthoux at gmail.com
Wed May 19 13:27:22 UTC 2021

Hi, thank you for raising this issue. I’d like to add a use case to our
reflexion, which seems very close (an area where we store stuff mostly open
air) :

In the north of France we cultivate sweet beetroots, at the harvest they’re
being stock in a pile over a ground which is permanent and made most of the
time of gravel.
Examples :
In summer :
https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte?c=3.934891819953921,49.746285661908445&z=18&l0=GEOGRAPHICALGRIDSYSTEMS.MAPS.SCAN-EXPRESS.STANDARD:WMTS(1)&l1=ORTHOIMAGERY.ORTHOPHOTOS::GEOPORTAIL:OGC:WMTS(1)&permalink=yes
After the harvest :
https://www.alamyimages.fr/photo-image-gros-tas-de-betteraves-a-sucre-de-betterave-a-sucre-saginaw-comte-recolte-automne-michigan-usa-51589055.html

I can’t find a good tagging scheme,
man_made=bunker_silo : kind of troll tag since there is no wall
landuse=farmyard : it’s not into a farm

Regards.

Le mar. 18 mai 2021 à 12:56, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Many municipalities have a terrain designated for storage of sand, earth,
> clay, cleaned or to-be-cleaned soil, and other bulk materials for building
> and landscaping projects. Not for a particular project, but for all
> municipal projects involving bulk materials going in and going out.
>
> How to tag?
>
> They are called depots, and I guess landuse=depot could include bulk
> materials. It's not a big step from containers.
>
> I am unsure about a suitable value for depot=*.
>
> In Dutch, its is called a "grond-depot", that is "ground depot". Would
> depot=ground be a reasonable tag? Seems too easy to be true...
>
> Peter Elderson

Florimond Berthoux