[Tagging] Swimming pool lanes

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Wed May 19 17:23:28 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 07:58 2021-05-19, Robert Skedgell đã viết:
> If there's no highway=* tag and it's not on a way, is there really much
> risk that lanes=* would cause any confusion?
>
> lanes=* already appears to be in use for leisure=track
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dtrack

It does bother me somewhat that we've standardized on leisure=track
polygons around football pitches, rather than a linear leisure=track way
plus an area:leisure=track area. Sometimes you have to walk through a
track to get from one end of a stadium to another. But it is what it is.
If anything, consistency with leisure=track probably outweighs the extra
logic that data consumers already have to implement to distinguish lanes
on leisure features from lanes on highways (or roundabouts).

More practically speaking, is anyone aware of pools that have a
different number of lanes on either side of a bulkhead? If that happens,
I assume the lanes would be marked only by rope floats and not lines
painted onto the bottom, since a bulkhead can be moveable.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us