[Tagging] Mapping area of pedestrian crossing

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed May 19 20:18:54 UTC 2021

May 19, 2021, 20:18 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> Am Di., 18. Mai 2021 um 14:04 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> >:
>
>> I really like
>> area:highway=footway footway=crossing
>> tagging, maybe I switch to this one.
>>

> would you cut out the area:highway of the road, or is this on top?

on top, as crossing area is still area:highway=secondary (or other road value)

> one area:highway=crossing that is representing both, road and footway (or cycleway).

how you would distinguish area:highway=crossing representing
- crossing of roads
- crossing of road and cycleway
- crossing of road and footway
- crossing of cycleway and footway
etc?

> Btw.: are there plans for area:railway as well?

not planning it, though I have seen landuse=railway around railway=tram
in their dedicated space