[Tagging] Access tags applying to higway=construction and ones that will apply to completed way

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue May 25 20:24:34 UTC 2021

> highway=construction
> construction=tertiary
> bicycle=designated
>
> may also mean
>
> "road under construction, will have dedicated cycleway lane, not passable
> construction site"

no.
This means a tertiary road under construction that can only be used by
bicycles, once it will be finished (a very rare tagging I would expect)

highway=construction
construction=tertiary
bicycle=lane

is what you had in mind

If you have a road construction site which includes an already finished
bicycle path, I would tsg thi as two separate ways, as the construction
site would normally be fenced off from a public bicycle path.