[Tagging] Access tags applying to higway=construction and ones that will apply to completed way

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue May 25 20:03:03 UTC 2021

Right now we have no sane way to check whether highway=construction can be used
by cyclist/pedestrian

For example

highway=construction
construction=path
bicycle=designated
foot=designated

may mean "cycleway/footway under construction"

at the same tome

highway=construction
construction=tertiary
bicycle=designated

may mean "road under construction with designated open passage for cyclists"

but

highway=construction
construction=tertiary
bicycle=designated

may also mean

"road under construction, will have dedicated cycleway lane, not passable
construction site"

---------

I propose to start using construction: prefix for access tags that will
apply to completed road and not applying as long as it is under construction