[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' for keys 'network:type', 'lcn' and 'lwn'

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 13:59:09 UTC 2021

Thanks.
So, named routes / themed routes are regular cycling routes, tagged with
network=*cn where X=l|r|n|i , and maybe name=*, ref=*, symbol, colour.
Defined by route-specific symbol markings and name signs all along the
route.

A Node Network route is defined by 2 junction nodes (tagged with
*cn_ref=<Node number or code> or *cn_name=<Node name>), and a
network-specific symbol in between each pair of Nodes. At each Node  the
directions to the adjacent Nodes are indicated. The Node2Node routes are
tagged with network:type=node_network, in addition to the regular
network=*cn tag.

These routes are aimed at prescribing a route (listing the ways to be
travelled), rather than calculating a route from A to B as routers do.

I don't see a clear definition of starting point, ending point and markings
for your "basic network". To me, they look like preferential ways, aimed at
getting a higher weight for a fitting routing profile. Comparable to road
classes for motor vehicles. Or a sac scale.

Fr Gr Peter Elderson