[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' - cycle_network?

Yves ycai at mailbox.org
Wed Nov 24 08:59:45 UTC 2021

Le 24 novembre 2021 05:10:37 GMT+01:00, Adam Franco <adamfranco at gmail.com> a écrit :
> how about defining a simple tag/tags
>that can be applied to highway ways that are officially recommended?
>`bicycle=designated` is an access rule, but maybe something like
>`bicycle_usage=recommended` or any other keys/values that get at the heart
>of what is being recommed.

Following this thread, I also fail to see why not. 'cycleway' comes to my mind.
First relationships in OSM are that ways are connected together. Any cycling tool out there can take this into account to build routes, networks, or whatever representation showing the data in a meaningful way.
Not to say relations are not needed, but trying too hard to make a new relation type for each and every model fitting the views of a particular set of users or coordinators seems useless.
Yves