[Tagging] cyclist profiles - was:Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' - cycle_network?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:00:30 UTC 2021

At the risk of repeating myself: can we acknowledge that having different
tagging for commuting cycle routes as opposed to touristic cycle routes
would be a big advantage for routing/navigation? And can we acknowledge
that de facto in many European countries and in the US the existing cycle
routes in OSM are mostly touristic? Hence can we agree on a different
tagging scheme for commuting cycle routes?
In addition it may be a good idea to keep in mind that a similar
distinction would be useful also for motorised traffic.