[Tagging] cyclist profiles - was:Feature Proposal - RFC - value 'basic_network' - cycle_network?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Nov 30 07:40:32 UTC 2021

Nov 29, 2021, 09:44 by voschix at gmail.com:

> On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 at 16:55, Brian M. Sperlongano <> zelonewolf at gmail.com> > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 3:53 AM Peter Elderson <>> pelderson at gmail.com>> > wrote:
>>
>>> 5. icn, ncn, rcn and lcn are used for recreational routes.
>>>

>> Says who?
>>

> Brian,
> I stated earlier that this is an "in practice" feature, and not documented. It is useful and is used by many routing/navigation tools.

That is caused by fact that most (nearly all) signed bicycle routes are recreational routes.

Not by some ban/limitation to mapping recreational routes.

If some place has signed non-recreational route it is 100% fine to map it as a route.

Though is it even possible to have "international cycle network" that is NOT recreational?