[Tagging] Question about waterway=pressurized

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:28:35 UTC 2021

I used to put waterway=pressurised on pipelines that make a river go
through a water turbine. I tag them man_made=pipeline, pipeline=penstock,
substance=water, which are all enough to describe what that feature is.
Then I add waterway=pressurised because I suppose some data consumers are
going to find that way easier when they search for waterway=*.

I can't see the water in the pipeline be a river or a stream, it's
something completely different. There is no "river" in a pipeline. I guess
you could still put the pipeline in the waterway relation.

Janko