[Tagging] War Memorial Walkway & Fence?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 07:09:02 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 28 Sep 2021, at 01:00, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> memorial both say not to use them on ways.

indicating the object types for tags is not something I ever found useful, at most it can be seen as documentation of what is generally done, but it shouldn’t be seen as prescriptive. Nobody knows whether a tag could sensibly be attached to a relation, because there are infinite kinds of relations in OpenStreetMap’s future, and the fact that multipolygon relations don’t count but boundary relations do count, doesn’t make it easier to understand.

On the other hand, neither memorial nor monument seem perfect fits for a commemorative walkway. Maybe we could use a property like commemorative=*?

Cheers Martin