[Taginfo-dev] Tagstats compile time options

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon May 12 14:53:13 UTC 2014

Tagstats, the C++ program that creates the statistics for taginfo from a
planet file has several sections that are only compiled in if some macros
are defined. These are:

    TAGSTATS_COUNT_USERS
    TAGSTATS_COUNT_KEY_COMBINATIONS
    TAGSTATS_COUNT_TAG_COMBINATIONS

Those macros are defined in the standard Makefile. The reason for this
was that all those different statistics need RAM and switching them off
would allow tagstats to run on machines with less RAM.

Does anybody actually use this flexibility? Does anybody switches one
or more of these off?

These macros make the code harder to understand and to test. So if nobody
comes forward and tells me that they need them, I'll remove those from
the code.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298