[Taginfo-dev] Re-organized "About" and "Sources" pages

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Wed May 21 15:20:09 UTC 2014

Hi!

I have completely re-organized the "About" page and the "Source" page.
The texts in the about page were the last hard-coded texts that could
not be translated. This is fixed now.

The reason for the re-organization was that I wanted the difference between the
"taginfo software" and the "taginfo site" to be clearer. And also that there
isn't just one site any more but several.

There is also a new config setting "instance.about" in addition to the
existing "instance.description". On the home page in the lower right corner
the content of "instance.description" will be shown as has been before. On
the new about page in the lower left corner you'll see whatever is set in
"instance.description" and below it, the content of "instance.about". There
is some suggested wording in the example config, but feel free to put there
whatever is right for your site. I suggest at least some info about the
area your data is for, the update frequency, and some contact information.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298