[Talk-at] New keys and values for type=relation & relation=route

Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:30:57 UTC 2010

The need for differentiation has come a a couple of times (e.g.
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2010-January/047028.html
). Therefore I think we need to discuss on some new keys and values to
have a better seperation/more_information for routes.

One one side renderers need more differentiation to decide how important
an relation is, on the other hand there is a lot of information that is
simply not yet tagged or not tagged in a machine readable form.
Therefore I propose to formalize some new values and keys that should
only be used on relation=route.

I have started a Wiki page here. Please add keys or values that you are
missing or that are already in use but not (well) documented.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Keys_for_relation:route