[talk-au] "place" areas or nodes?

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Aug 15 11:29:48 BST 2007

Hi Steve

On 15/08/2007 at 7:36 PM Steve  wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>What is the preferred method for labeling a city/town/suburb/village?

Rural Towns, villages I have been labeling as a node place at the Post Office. I have been using node hamlets for 'localities'. I never use areas. I don't think there is a real need for using areas - what do you hope to achieve?

Residential streets generate a gray shading that shows on lower zooms, but I do not know where the gray areas you mention are coming from. The must be being merged in by Mapnik from

Regards,
Brent.