[talk-au] 'Break in' the list

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:27:15 BST 2007

Hi, glad to see there are a few more people in Sydney ;-)

I'm in Marrickville and have been mainly concentrating around there.
However I have done roads in South Turramurra ( I grew up there) and
semi random bits in the area with Yahoo Imagery.

I'll leave the North Shore alone if you are there - my memory is getting
rusty and all those trees make it hard to see the roads on Yahoo ;-)

cheers

On 7/23/07, Brendan P <puck_spam_me at hotmail.com> wrote:

> G'day all,
>
> Firstly thank you to those people involved in setting up the mailing list.
> I can see that there has been a bit of communication on the wiki's
> discussion pages so hopefully this'll help us communicate easier.
>
> I thought that I might jump in and introduce myself with the hope of
> kicking
> off some activity and to get an idea of who else is out there and where.
>
> My name is Brendan and I live in Hornsby in Sydney's north.  I discovered
> OSM a couple of months ago.  I have always been interested in mapping and
> do a bit of travelling around NSW from time to time.  Some exercise on the
> bike with the gps is doing me some good!
>
> I see there has been a handful of people mapping in Oz for a while
> now.  It
> looks as though a few more people have appeared around the time that I
> did,
> so maybe the popularity is starting to take off here.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brendanpuck

Franc