[talk-au] Highway Tagging

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Mon Jul 30 12:53:21 BST 2007

Hi Guys,

I have finished the first cut of my Duplicate-Way plugin, a tool to help created divided ways. Can any of you that use JOSM give it a quick test and confirm that it works for you before I release it into the wild? It works with the latest JOSM, but should work with 1.5 or even 1.4.

You can download it from http://home.exetel.com.au/swampwallaby/Duplicate-Way.jar - just drop it into c:/Documents and Settings/<user name>/Application Data/JOSM/plugins.

Select an ordered way, select the 'Duplicate Way' option, then click on the map the distance from the way you want the new way to be. Voila, a new way, offset by the specified amount, in the opposite direction with the tags duplicated also.

I make no attempt to join up end points or handle cross roads, I plan to handle these with pop-up dialogs, similiar to the 'Combine Way' option.

Feedback appreciated,
Cheers,
Brent.
Brent Easton