[talk-au] Another new face and some mapping q's

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.com.au
Sun Nov 11 11:33:43 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I've just started wasting my life creating OSM maps, and I'm quite enjoying
it. Currently playing with Melbourne - Doncaster, inner north around
Brunswick, and some more off the beaten track stuff arround Upper Yarra Dam,
Warby, Eildon etc. But I've got a few questions about how to map certain
things, and I can't seem to find any existing info.

* How do I map a tram line that runs down the centre of the road such as
Lygon St/Nicholson St in Brunswick?
* How do I mark a road that is "4WD Only" - I found the tracktype=gradeX,
bit the discussion I tracked down said this had been deprecated
* How do I mark a track as "Dry Weather Only"
* And lastly, what are the abutters tags for (I can sort of guess), and how
am I supposed to use them?

Cheers

Matt