[talk-au] Road Tags - source copyright

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Thu Nov 15 03:26:11 GMT 2007

Hi Mark,

You cannot use a street directory, or google maps, whereis, or any of the
other numerous copyright sources for any form of OSM data.

Even the department of lands information is copyrighted, and cannot be
used.

Generally, your sources are GPS traces, yahoo imagery, and observation or
local knowledge for street names, and hierarchy tags.  Look at the wiki
pages for guidelines.

Ian.