[talk-au] Sydney cycle routes

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 01:15:16 GMT 2008

In the Brisbane Metro area, Pine Rivers shire (soon to be part of
Moreton Bay) has maps available of bike routes.  I looked at one to
see how many there would be to map in the region.  From what I can
tell, they've marked every wide footpath on the map, as well as shared
walkways through parks etc, and actual bike lanes.  I'm wondering what
tagging we should use for these footpaths.

They're not actually bike lanes, but there are signs beside the
footpath that show both a bike and a pedestrian, and the paths are
wider than most.  It is legal for a bike to use any footpath in QLD,
so it's not like you can't ride anywhere else, but these are
recommended routes.  They tend to go between things like a Tafe and a
train station, shopping centres, etc.

Stephen