[talk-au] Edits in and around Mt Barker, SA

Kim Hawtin kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Oct 21 01:33:25 BST 2008

Mornen all,

I've been busy uploading traces and mapping around Mt Barker
and Littlehampton a bit lately. I have a couple of questions
I was hoping folks could clear up;

- Are the rail and road under passes right? I have set them as
  tunnels, because it makes more sense than the freeway being a
  bridge, how ever what do other folks use?

- I've put in a few round'a'bouts ... they are messy critters.
  is it the right thing to draw them out with little link roads
  or should they be put up as where the roads intersect with
  the joining node and tag that node as a round about?
  especially larger ones, like the end of Gawler street near the
  bus interchange?

- I have been seeing lots of roads and other objects get a blue
  halo ... there seems to be an attribute against each of these
  that I didn't mark up, but by my reading, isn't supported by
  the renderer? especially "ref" and "street" ...

- My edits seem to be taking around two weeks to hit the OSM
  normal map ... isn't this normally happening weekly?

cheers,

Kim
--
VK5FNET