[talk-au] Google nearly up to date

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Fri Sep 12 12:05:28 BST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Nick Hocking wrote:
> "I photographed the map in the park (on a big resolution).
> That road could be Manning Street. "

10 days and I can check them again
The RC church could be on that road or on Sykes Road - finding the address in
the phone book I would regard as confirmatory evidence.

> I'm not sure but I suspect that if a local council publishs a map (even
> using our money), they still retail copyright on it.
> It's a shame since they usually get the namings correct.
What you have as Rogerson Lane they have as Mawby's Lane.
There is no date on the map.

> Google street view shows the backs of your "no left turn" signs in
> maybe-manning street. It also shows the front of the no right turn signs
> that I thought I remembered on Monteagle street and they are even just
> readable, if you squint a bit.
>
> Still, I won't map the no right turn bit till I get a chance to read the
> live signs again.
Still got to map the road to the school and a couple of other tracks - and all
in a village so small the lady in the post office was looking forward to
meeting two new people who had moved to town.