[talk-au] Where is commonwealth place in Canberra

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 00:05:44 BST 2008

Hi Neil,

Yes, that's a very good question. I've pondered over this one quite a bit.

I believe that the sign "Commonwealth Place" that you saw is not actually a
street name sign but a sign to an area known as "Commonwealth Place" which
is the general area between where the two sets of multilpe flagpoles are.
There is no other sign that I could find, at that area to indicate its name
so I did not add any item for Commonwealth Place.  I googled and eventually
found some information on "Commomwealth Place".

There were other street signs that indicated the names that I tagged. I
drove up and back this area many times to try to see what that sign was
referring to ( it sure looked like a street name sign). Google street view
shows this sign but it is unreadable.

However, there have been some road works at the Eastern end of KIng Edward
Terrace since I added the street names, so I will  revisit the area this
week and recheck everything - thanks for the heads up. There sure were a lot
of "Parkes Place" street signs, maybe they have tidied them up a bit.

Cheers
NIck