[talk-au] Manipulating ABS suburb data, and related data..

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Fri Apr 17 05:05:28 BST 2009

Okay - so the ABS data is in.  Moving the Murrumbidgee appears successful.

Can we document a process for how we treat this data and the data
surrounding it.

Firstly, is it generally desirable for it to align with other data?  For
example coastline and riverbanks, where it is apparent that it should
align?

If so, do we reuse the same ways, and just apply the relation?

If so, and in a particular case we are confident that the ABS data isn't
correctly aligned to a feature - say a coastline - how do we indicate that
it is altered on the relation?

Perhaps if we have a standard way of doing this, we can put it on the wiki
somwhere.

Any thoughts?

Ian.