[talk-au] Cabonne Shire Roads

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Apr 16 12:28:41 BST 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Nick Hocking wrote:
> Hi Liz,
>
> Will the council agree to us using this unofficial name in OSM?.

My original query explains exactly why I want the information, and provides a
link to the area in question.

> Subject: Road name
>

> Could you please advise me on the correct name for the road between Cudal
> and Canowindra, part of State Route 81?
>
> I'd like to know the correct name to put on Open Street Map and on my trips
> to Cudal and Canowindra I did not locate a sign advising of the road name.
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-33.3973&lon=148.7264&zoom=12&layers=B000
>FTF

I agree that asking Councils for a ruling on street names is the way to get
them interested in OSM.
Now there was a street name or two we missed in Cobar last year, so if VK1RE
hasn't picked them up, another query there would be useful.