[talk-au] and forwarding this too

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Fri Apr 17 11:04:08 BST 2009

Subject: [Osmf-talk] Foundation Membership report
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009
From: Mike Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz>
To: osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org

Dear members,

I've added three new members and some renewals tonight and our current
membership stands at 149, roughly 40% up from the beginning of the year.

Hugh Barnes, a contributor from Australia, was our 200th unique sign-up on the
2nd April.

Churn, members who sign-up for a year and then do not renew, has been very
high so I have been much more careful in following up each member when they
join and when you need to renew.

   6 Expired and not yet renewed 2009
  38 Expired and not yet renewed 2008
    9 Expired and not renewed 2007

I hope also that the this new member's mailing list will improve
communication.

Foundation Working Groups are becoming increasingly active and there is new
section on the Foundation member's website
http://foundation.openstreetmap.org/working-groups/ for letting you know what
they are and what they do.

The Technical Working Group is on track to begin tomorrow's migration of
OpenStreetMap servers to the new 0.6 API.

The Data Working Group has successfully concluded a bulk removal of apparently
copyright-infringing data from Lithuania and has put in place a formal
procedure for reporting and dealing with possible copyright violations.

The License Working Group is now going to meeting twice per week and is
currently waiting for the release version of the Open Database License, ODbL
1.0.

The StateoftheMap Organizing Committee is a combined task force of board
members and Dutch ground organisers for this year's new 3-day format
conference in Amsterdam, July 10-12 http://www.stateofthemap.org.
Registrations and general planning are running well ahead of last year at the
same time so a successful outcome is anticipated.  Hotels expect
accommodation to go fast, so if you are coming, better book a room now,
http://www.stateofthemap.org/local-and-travel/stay/ has some hints.

Mike Collinson
Membership secretary

> Foundation Working Groups are becoming increasingly active and there is new
section on the Foundation member's website
http://foundation.openstreetmap.org/working-groups/ for letting you know what
they are and what they do.

In addition to those listed in your mail and on that web page, there's
also the Local Chapters thingie that Nick just mailed about!

Bye
Frederik