[talk-au] Mapping on a phone

BlueMM bluemm1975-osm at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 21 02:15:26 BST 2009

Franc Carter <franc.carter at ...> writes:
> Hi,My phone is on it's last legs and I'll need a new one soon. Does
> anybody have aphone that does a good job for mapping. It would be nice
> to add POIs as I noticethem. I don't really need something for the full
> mapping experience as I have a full setup in the car for that
> cheers
> -- Franc

Hi Franc,
I've had reasonable success running OSMtracker
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMtracker) on a WinMo HTC Touch HD.  Works
rather well for POI's, recording voice & integrates with the inbuilt camera. I
like the fact that you can load (or download realtime) different OSM tiles to it
to display your track on. If the big touch buttons don't have a POI I need, I
just record a voice note.
BlueMM