[talk-au] putting Q150 survey marks on osm

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:17:24 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM, <cam_daw at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> The best tag I could find for this would be:
> man_made=survey_point
> name=Q150
> website=http://sssiq150.org/
> ref=Q150

There are better values for the ref. See
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=117630896205365824186.00046fcf84afc0249a2d6&ll=-25.958141,151.152627&spn=0.014122,0.01605&z=16

The project is a bit incomplete - only a couple of the points have
descriptions on the website. Some of the points in the google map seem
accurate, and some (as pointed out) look a mess. But presumably when you
visit the point, it has the exact coordinates written on it, which we could
trust.

So I'd treat them as survey points, and consider that some of the values on
the website/google maps are in error.

Steve