[talk-au] Sports Clubs

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:10:43 GMT 2009

2009/12/14 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:
> Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was suggesting using separate tags for the
> two. There's not all that much to be gained by stretching one tag to
> cover two different things. Does an RSL really have much in common
> with the local cricket club? Well, maybe it does - if we're talking
> about their bistro/pokies bit.

We're not talking about the actual sporting clubs that these venues
may support, we're talking about a particular type of building and
what goes on inside it, in this instance there is almost no difference
between them.

> So... sports_centre for the actual sporting facilities, something_club
> for the commercial bit? Maybe social_club? "club_rooms", while it
> sounded good for the buildings members genuinely use for their
> meetings and stuff, doesn't sound right for a building the public
> comes to for a feed.

As covered before, you should be a member to use the club and it's
facilities (the restaurant etc), which is why they are member(ship)
club(s), so amenity=member_club.