[talk-au] Local entity

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:19:30 GMT 2009

2009/12/17 Liz <edodd at billiau.net>:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Henk Hoff wrote:
>> Just in case: the next meeting of the Local Chapters working group is
>> January 7th @ 8AM GMT. If you want to join this meeting, let me know, and
>> I'll send you the dail in details (there is a local number for Sydney and
>> Melbourne you are able to use)
> Thankyou for getting up early to do this
> I work really long hours so usually I am still cycling home at 0800 +1100
> and it will be worse post Christmas when we are short staffed

Ditto, due to the close proximity of xmas, and so close to 6/7pm at
night it is still a problem attending, next year it won't be, it's
just a bad time of the year.

> The "what name business" is a version of Catch22
> we don't exist so we can't apply for the name
> once we have registered a formal name with the Australian (State) authorities
> we can't change it easily

I don't think it's difficult to change, it's just like everything else
with government, you have to cough up a fee and possibly a bit of
paper work, both of which would be nice to avoid :)