[talk-au] Roundabouts and routing

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 08:40:30 GMT 2009

2009/12/18 Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com>:
> Likewise it's not necessary to have multiple nodes on a straight section of road (unless it's really long).  As an example I just came across one straight road that was 150m long. It had 6 nodes on it where it could have been drawn with three. One at each end of the road and one where it intersected with the second carriageway of the dual carriageway road it joins.
>
> Like Chris said this is overmapping.

Some people are of the opinion that non-physical lanes should be
mapped, others think only physical seperations should be mapped, I
think we're both in the latter camp, I'm of the belief that if it's a
physically seperated way it should be drawn as 2 individual ways, some
people were writing the other day about them being tagged as seperated
but one individual way. Others still think a thick painted line is
enough to drawn individual ways...