[talk-au] Petition to MP

Delta Foxtrot delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 07:04:39 BST 2009

--- On Mon, 15/6/09, Jeff Price <jeff.price at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>  I definitely agree external data sources
> should be reviewed some how before being imported such that
> anything currently in place remains as the authoritative
> instance.

I didn't mean to suggested that any govt provided data would be more or less accurate than what exists in the DB, but it wouldn't be any worst than landsat type quality. Unlike landsat I'd expect it would contain meta information such street/road names.

> I approached the Sunshine Coast Council (Qld) some months
> ago about accessing their data and my request is still under
> review.  Currently they provide mapping data without
> charge to commercial vendors (eg UBD).

Did you file the request in writing, and if so do you still have a copy?