[talk-au] Newbie - Landuse and Administrative Boundary

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Jun 17 10:50:17 BST 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Rick Peterson wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I’m a newcomer to the OSM project with a couple of questions.
>

> BACKGROUND:

Welcome Rick.

Perhaps if we give the history of the changes you will understand how the
boundaries work.
In the beginning was the void.
On the first day some streets were drawn in
On the second day the forest was drawn in, as a labour of love (not mine).
It may not be accurate, as you note, around villages.
On the third and fourth days more mapping was done, more streets
On the fifth day the workers got smart and found usable free information
On the sixth day the ABS data was imported.
On the seventh day we still didn't rest

The ABS data is the suburb and other boundaries.
Some are right and some are not so right. LPI (NSW) may be correct or might
not be - in my area the ABS 'suburbs' aren't right everywhere.

So where you have better knowledge, do adjust the landuse=forest to reflect
the correct placement.