[talk-au] Boundary questions.

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:21:24 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com>wrote:

> I apologise if these have been discussed before.....
>
> Once the import is complete and we can start validation/fine tuning......
>
> 1) If two suburbs are next to each other, should they share a boundary way
> or have superimposed ways.  Also suburb next to , state boundaries.

I believe the consensus is that for suburbs that share a boundary they
should be the same way. The upload is going
to create a set of non-overlapping ways and then create suburbs consisting
of relations that have those ways as
memebers.

> 2) If a suburb follows a road or river should part of the boundary way be
> deleted and replaced with that part of the road or river.

This is a good question - one other thing to throw in the mix is the
relative accuracy of abs data, gps trace and yahoo imagery

> 3) How can we determine if a boundary follows the centre of the road/river
> or maybe one or other sides of it.
>
> 4) Can I just prepend "Queanbeyan," to the value of the is_in tag in the
> boundary relation for the suburbs of Queanbeyan in order to allow there
> roads to be also searched for as being in Queanbeyan.

Franc