[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Sat Apr 24 16:07:27 BST 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:19:50 +0800
"Andrew Gregory" <andrew at scss.com.au> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:33:25 +0800, Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I know I'm probably preaching to the converted but...
>
> :)
>
> > Also I've found mini_roundabouts for this:
> >
> > http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.67619,153.16911&z=20&t=k
> >
> > I'd suggest this should be traffic_calming=island
>
> Yes, I've seen lots of those too, and have been changing them to
> junction=roundabout (with a proper circular road). I'm not sure about
> traffic_calming=island?

Do roundabout rules apply at them??

They are a traffic calming device so we should tag them as such, as yet there is nothing in the traffic_calming tags to accurately describe them.  So my suggestion that it should be traffic_calming=island.

Have a look at this:

http://www.austroads.com.au/pdf/TestMethod2/5._LOCAL_AREA_TRAFFIC_MANAGEMENT_SCHEMES.pdf

Page two gives a definition of them.

--