[talk-au] a mapping conflict in Sydney, help appreciated

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 07:43:17 GMT 2010

I think that this
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6545161 should be
reverted on the grounds that my source tags were deleted with no
better replacement (along with other tags deleated). I don't like that
this person has just deleted my hard work without even an explanation
as to why it was deleted. The same user did this exact same thing
before, and when I notified them about this and made the revert, they
just reverted my revert. I don't want to start an edit war, so I am
asking other mappers if you also think that this changeset was
deconstructive. If you do then hopefully we won't have an edit war.

Previously I asked this user directly about data that appeared very
much like that from Google Maps, they said they may have copied
directly from a Google Map, in our exchanges they said to me, "I find
your tone condescending and offensive." Because of this I want to
avoid sending a message to them again, so I would much rather conduct
my communication in the public here.

Thank you.