[talk-au] Mapping interchanges levels or turn restrictions

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Tue Jan 12 08:08:56 GMT 2010

> There is a third solution which I have seen. Typically the interchange
> ways cross 2 other ways. Normally I think of the via in a turn relation
> being a node. I am not sure the routers work this way, but if the right
> turn lane is a separate way with a common nodes with ways it crosses
> (but turns are not allowed).The right hand turn then becomes a separate
> way as the on-ramp.

This is the same issue we discussed a few weeks ago where lanes are
depicted with separate ways.

IMO this is incorrect and should not be used.

Likewise don't put roads that are on the same pavement on different layers
it's not mapping what's on the ground.

I know it's difficult with the current routers but we need to add the data
correctly then get the routers fixed to correctly work with the turn
and/or lane restriction relations.

--
Cheers
Ross