[talk-au] Fwd: [Aust-NZ] Brisbane OSGeo meeting

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 09:05:50 GMT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shaun Kolomeitz <shaun.kolomeitz at derm.qld.gov.au>
Date: 28 January 2010 14:23
Subject: [Aust-NZ] Brisbane OSGeo meeting
To: Aust-NZ at lists.osgeo.org

Hello all,

We will be holding our first Brisbane Open Source Geospatial Users
Meeting on Tuesday week, 9 February 2009. I hope you can come along.

The aim is to network with others who are also working with, or
interested in Geospatial Open Source Software.

I've managed to get Cameron Shorter, the FOSS4G 2009 chair to attend,
to summarise the FOSS4G conference, and Geospatial Open Source
internationally and here in Australia.

Location:

Great Barrier Reef Room, Level 3, 400 George St (corner of Turbot)

Agenda:

4:30pm Arrive and informal networking

5:00pm Cameron Shorter to talk about the state of GeoSpatial Open
Source, and answer any questions

5:30pm Introductions from all in the room

6:15ish Head off to Cicada (275 George St) or somewhere else close-by

If you are interested in attending can you please RSVP by Tuesday 2nd
Feb for catering purposes.

Regards,

Shaun Kolomeitz
Principal Project Officer
Business and Asset Services
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service
Department of Environment and Resource Management

Ph (07) 3330 5179
E-mail - shaun.kolomeitz at derm.qld.gov.au

As of 26 March 2009 the Department of Natural Resources and
Water/Environmental Protection Agency integrated to form the
Department of Environment and Resource Management

Think B4U Print

1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere

3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water