[talk-au] Queensland parks, forests and conservation areas

James Livingston lists at sunsetutopia.com
Sun Jul 4 01:29:37 BST 2010

On 30/06/2010, at 11:55 AM, Stephen Hope wrote:
> Are you actually going to put the fact that it is a State forest
> anywhere?  Sure, landuse=forest is not a problem, but some sort of tag
> stating that it is a state forest (as opposed to private land) sounds
> appropriate.

boundary=state_forest, and similar? They all have it in the name as well, although that's obviously not ideal if you actually want to render them differently.

I've put a small (~110kb) .osm file up at  http://www.sunsetutopia.com/qld_parks_ready.osm.bz2 which contains the results of tagging and merging together the park sections (where they're split in the original data). Magnetic Island is the most complicated one I've done so far.