[talk-au] Infractions group?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 06:23:24 BST 2010

It's happened a couple of time where people have publicly named and
shamed some company or person on either a mailing list or diary
entires or their own personal blogs. I don't think this is the right
way to handle things, and while these claims need to be dealt with I
think we should first try and contact people about properly
attributing OSM, otherwise it may only end up backing people into a
corner and we may loose a valuable opportunity.

Here's a slashdot post from last year that details what happens within
the GPL community:

http://news.slashdot.org/story/09/11/10/1540242/SFLC-Finds-One-New-GPL-Violation-Per-Day