[talk-au] Fwd: Community Notification- Services Relocation

Brendan Morley morb.gis at beagle.com.au
Thu Jun 10 12:39:13 BST 2010

When I read the flier my first reaction was "cool, that looks like a
Mapnik rendering".  This is in the context of previous fliers variously
using Google Maps or Whereis renders to provide the context.

Who knows what licencing arrangements BrisConnections has with those
providers.  Perhaps the NearMap commerical arrangement implies that
attribution doesn't need to be carried over.  Everyone's allowed to make
the same mistake once.  I agree with John, let's be gentle with them, at
least the first time.

Another opportunity for BrisConnections is for us to encourage editing
the basemap so that it can provide up to date road configurations.
After all, the roads get shifted around every few weeks.  It would a
good case study.

Brendan