[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun May 2 22:03:18 BST 2010

On Sun, 2 May 2010, David Murn wrote:
> Aussie tagging guidelines say (and Ive checked, no wikifiddling of this
> part for over 12 months):

even this had to be restored back then
somebody decided that we shouldn't have any Australian notes on roundabouts
and removed the paragraph, put in a link to the main roundabouts page instead
and marked it up with "stop balkanisation of the wiki"

There are some places where splitter islands have been drawn in.
If they are drawn from gps in a big city the island size is less than the
accuracy of the trace - so it is supposition.
Drawn from decent aerial photography, like we have now they could be accurate.
I don't see them as worthwhile on the map, that they add unnecessary detail
which doesn't add to the usefulness of the map.
For those who are reproducing Planet Earth in her entirety they would need to
be mapped. I can find those mappers plenty of other mapping work to keep them
occupied.