[talk-au] Mini Roundabouts.

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Sun May 2 23:25:54 BST 2010

On 03/05/10 07:03, Liz wrote:

> There are some places where splitter islands have been drawn in.
> If they are drawn from gps in a big city the island size is less than the
> accuracy of the trace - so it is supposition.
> Drawn from decent aerial photography, like we have now they could be accurate.
> I don't see them as worthwhile on the map, that they add unnecessary detail
> which doesn't add to the usefulness of the map.

Unless you live on one of those islands (as I do) and you want OSM maps
to be accurate about which driveways you can make a right-hand turn
into.  And that makes quite a huge difference to the suggested route to
my place from a couple of kilometres away.

Until Nearmap, I used the position-averaging-over-time function on my
Garmin to get the islands accurate.

John H