[talk-au] New gateway motorway bridge duplication

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Sun May 16 13:17:38 BST 2010

A couple of things about the bridge.

First, even though it was officially opened today, it doesn't have
traffic on it until Monday week (24th). Then they do changes to the
approaches, and a bit later shut the old bridge down for six months
for refurbishment.  We'll have to keep changing things here until
December.

Second, on Thursday they had a pre-opening ceremony, with assorted
politicians and reporters being pretty much the only people there, to
welcome google to the bridge.  A google streetview car was the "first"
to cross the bridge (not counting workers, I guess).  So once the
footage is processed, and streetview gets it's next update, it's going
to look a bit weird if the maps aren't corrected as well.

See http://www.girlclumsy.com/2010/05/on-bridge.html#more