[talk-au] New gateway motorway bridge duplication

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 18:56:16 BST 2010

On 16 May 2010 22:17, Stephen Hope <slhope at gmail.com> wrote:
> Second, on Thursday they had a pre-opening ceremony, with assorted
> politicians and reporters being pretty much the only people there, to
> welcome google to the bridge.  A google streetview car was the "first"

This might be big enough that we should do up a press release about
OSM, and how a bridge of that importance will take months to show up
on Google, but OSM has it already (thanks to Nearmap).

> to cross the bridge (not counting workers, I guess).  So once the
> footage is processed, and streetview gets it's next update, it's going
> to look a bit weird if the maps aren't corrected as well.

There is a lot of weird street view locations where the roads have
been realigned but the map data hasn't caught up...